Johann Sebastian Bach had a distinguished and varied career as keyboard virtuoso, court musician, church composer, and teacher. The changing circumstances of his employment allowed him to focus on many different musical activities, and as a result the catalog of his works includes an unusually rich variety of compositions in almost every genre.
The Bach Society presents this musical world in four concert series, each dedicated to a particular aspect of his musical legacy. Along with Bach’s own masterpieces, the season includes works by composers who were an important part of his tradition and also composers whom he later influenced.
- Sunday, September 28, 2014 • 6:00pm
Organ and Voice with Rick Erickson
- Sunday, October 5, 2014 • 6:00pm
- Sunday, October 26, 2014 • 6:00pm
Organ and Voice with John Scott
- Thursday, January 1, 2015 • 6:00pm
Organ and Voice with Matthias Maierhofer
- Sunday, March 8, 2015 • 6:00pm
- Saturday, March 21, 2015 • 1:00pm
- Sunday, April 26, 2015 • 6:00pm
Bach Vespers with Pre-Concert Lecture
- Sunday, May 3, 2015 • 6:00pm
Organ and Voice with Kenneth Cowan
- Sunday, May 17, 2015 • 6:00pm