Johann Sebastian Bach had a distinguished and varied career as keyboard virtuoso, court musician, church composer, and teacher. The changing circumstances of his employment allowed him to focus on many different musical activities, and as a result the catalog of his works includes an unusually rich variety of compositions in almost every genre.
The Bach Society presents this musical world in four concert series, each dedicated to a particular aspect of his musical legacy. Along with Bach’s own masterpieces, the season includes works by composers who were an important part of his tradition and also composers whom he later influenced.
- Sunday, September 15, 2013 • 6:00pm
Private Event: The Goldberg Variations for Ars Lyrica Full Subscribers
- Sunday, November 24, 2013 • 6:00pm
Bach Vespers: Cantata 51
- Saturday, February 8, 2014 • 8:00pm
2014 Houston Early Music Festival
- Sunday, February 9, 2014 • 6:00pm
Organ Recital: The 18 Leipzig Chorales
- Sunday, February 16, 2014 • 6:00pm
Abendmusik Concert: Mass in B Minor
- Sunday, March 2, 2014 • 6:00pm